Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Uphill from Here

The week can only go uphill from here! My Monday morning started out rocky and it only got worse from there. By noon I was in tears I just couldnt handle the stresses of life.

Mistake 1: I woke up late. None of the kids wanted to get ready to go. Its was rough. OG was about 15 minutes late for school. After dropping her off at school I needed to drop Alligator boy off at my brothers so that I could take the two little girls to the doctor.

 Mistake 2: Taking a two year old and a 6 month old to the doctor on the same day! Where was my head? Monkey girl is so crazy and hard to keep contained. Plus I knew the doctor would be less the impressed with her large motor skills. Her MRI came back fine. Praise the LORD! The only down side to that is it still leaves us grasping for straws as to why she can not see and why she is so weak. Her muscle tone is almost completly lacking. She is a mystery child. So many complex things to deal with. We will be seeing a neurologist along with heading to the Gerber Clinic in Grand Rapids to see if they can help with therapy. The Gerber Clinic should be able to give us a better understand of what may be going on also. Monkey Girl on the other hand is advanced for her age. She is doing things most three year olds are just starting to accomplish. She impressed the doctor with everything she did. Oh and they are complete opposites. Monkey Girl is light and short. K is heavy and long. It's odd because Monkey girl looks chunky, but only because she's short. K looks skinny, but only because shes long. All in all a good appointment. Just frusterating knowing K is behind and the doctors still are not sure what is up with her.

Mistake 3: Thinking I was going to get my hair done without already having an appointment set up. I have a hair cut and color I want to go with. I was all ready to get it done today. I know the longer I wait the more I will chicken out. Well I didn't have an appointment any where so as I was calling around I kept getting told they didn't have spots open any more today. How frusterating. I just wanted my hair done. I never do anything for myself. Today was my chance and only today. Or that's how I felt any way. My mom and a friend got me out of my funk and I set up an appointment for tomorrow.

Mistake 4: I slept. Once home from the appointments this morning I fed the crazies lunch and got Monkey Girl laid down. I then put in a movie for Alligator boy and put K to sleep. Once she was a sleep I took my crabby, depressed self, and slept also. This was a mistake because I didn't get any cleaning done. My house needs a good cleaning and instead I feel asleep.

After my nap I did get some cleaning done. I got to spend time with my family. I got to giggle, play, and have fun. I got to sit and talk to my husband for a while after all the children were in bed. Oh and I got to get out of the house kid free. It was only to my inlaws down the road, but none the less it was minus my four other limbs. I have gotten some work done tonight also which is great after taking all last week off. Now if I can just continue to work until 3am when I normally end my "shift" we will be all set.

Tomorrow is another day. I can get cleaning done tomorrow. I can get my hair done tomorrow. For today I need to be thankful for my family. My house. The work that is required of me from my children, my house, and my husband. I need to be thankful that K's MRI came back okay. I need to be thankful that she is alive and well despite some delays.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment