Sunday, May 6, 2012

May Brings

May has been a month of changes and it just started. May is a time for transition for me as we will start our summer at the end of the month. May also means that OG will be getting another year older. May is when things start to get hotter. May, May, May...

I sit and listen to the rain storm. Fresh flowers bloom, grass grows, new life develops from these tiny drops of rain. Life is the same. As I continue to pour the word of the Lord over my life and the life of my children I see them grow, I see them bloom, I see new ways develop in myself and in them.

May has brought peace. It is odd to me how in such time I can find peace. I have come to terms with Kinsley's condition. We have handled three months of this life we what is another 100 years? We will dominate blindness. We will kick it in the rear and tell it that although it is present it will not bring us down. May brings lots of therapy for K. We are praying May brings sitting, more use of her limbs, and eating solids. We are praying big changes for K in May.

May brings chaos. How can you have peace and chaos? I have peace with K's condition, but chaos will start as OG brings down the school year. We have last field trips, end of the year parties, and graduation. We have parades and picnics. OG thrives on routine so our adjustments from school to home are always rough. I spend a good week mapping out a plan for how the summer will run so that we can be on a routine that fits for everyone. Not wavering from the routine is important.

May brings joy and celebration. OG turns six this year. She is just a joy. We are having a birthday party fit for an aspiring artist. We will have lots of fun. OG was born on my birthday so we can grow older together. Recently OG has matured, she has become this older child instead of still having a younger mind set. There was just a light that clicked that made her see the world from a higher thinking. I am excited as she continues to bring us joy and as we get to celebrate all that her life means to us.

May brings a lot of things. It is certainly one of our busiest months. We may be changing things around here even more. A couple meetings away from being able to announce anything officially, but it is a great opportunity for our family to be blessed and be a blessing. I am so thankful to the Lord for all his blessings. My business (Creations By Mommy), my husbands business (Proper Disposal), and his full time job have all been a blessing. Each one is growing and bringing forth more opportunities.

Pray with us that May continues to go as peacefully as it has been. Please pray that as we continue to seek official report of anything more that might be wrong with K in regards to her vision and in regards to her lack of motor skills that we will stay at peace. Knowing in our hearts that God gave us a wonderfully created child, made in his image, who will do his work, sight or not. Please pray that our transition from school to summer will be smooth. Pray that we all adjust quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment