Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Crazy things

Well, this life journey we are on is a crazy one. We never like to keep things dull around here. If it isn't enough that we own two buisness' and that my husband works a full time job on top of the one he owns, we decided to add another. This time we have added a not for profit organization. We are so excited to add Sole Aid to our family. Sole Aid was run by another family that we are friends with. They are having their 10th child and are feeling called in a different direction with ministry. We felt a strong calling to keep this ministry going and so we said YES! We are excited to be the hands and feet of Jesus by being a blessing in Michigan and around the world.

Sole Aid collects shoes and clothes that are the sold to an exporter and then shipped around the world to help those who need lost cost shoes and clothing. The money that Sole Aid makes through the selling of those clothes and shoes goes towards scholarships to help families here in Michigan and to help families around the world through different forms of aid. To find out more about this ministry please visit our website at www.soleaid.org There are a number of different ways to get involved. And if you don't live locally there is a way to give online donations.

To keep life even more interesting Sunday night I decided that it might be a great idea if I injured myself. Okay so that wasn't really the plan, but that is what happened. I hurt my knee while cleaning. I didn't think much of it as the pain slowly went away. While I was cleaning my sewing room later that day I heard one of the kids trying to get the door open to come back inside. It sounded like they couldn't get it so I stood up quickly and turned to go out of the room. As I did that my knee gave out. A few hours later after not being able to move it and being stuck to a chair I figured it would be best to go into the emergency room to have it looked at. The doctor there told me that I had a meniscus tear and that I would need to see an orthopedic doctor. Fast forward to today and that's exactly what I did. I saw the doctor and form the looks of it I have what is called a bucket handle meniscus tear. This will require surgery to fix. So by the end of next week I will be in the surgery room to have it repaired and shall be on the mend after that. I am excited to get this fixed so I can get off these crutches and back to things the way they were.

Please pray with us that my knee heals quickly. Also pray that our new ministry would be a blessing to those that need it most here in Michigan and around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment