Sunday, May 6, 2012

Laughing

Today was fun! Today was perfect. Today was full of laughter. A laughter that I haven't had in a really long time. I still laugh thinking about how hard I laughed.

We headed for Chicago this morning, my inlaws, husband, and I. We wanted to head to the American Girl doll store, Lego Store, and then just shop around. I never knew this trip would be as much fun as it was. Talking and laughing. Hanging out. Holding my husband's hand. Mmm, perfect day.

Every converstation that started as just a simple conversation turned into a mighty laugh fest. The lines from movies my husband and his parents know are more then I can count. All Adam Sandler movies to boot. They know every line of every Adam Sandler movie there is I think. It is funny how they can quote them in 15 seconds without thinking. They had me cracking up at every movie line. The driving of my father in law and his comments while he drove were priceless. He is a funny guy. Toll booths = great laughter, end of story.

My husband INSISTED we eat at Burger King over the road. Completely lost my father in law jumped in with "Oh Yeah lets go eat there even though its out of our way." So off we go. Turns out that its changed a lot since they have both been there. Its now a McDonald's, Subway, and a few other things. It was still fun. This restaurant goes over the interstate. It was fun to watch all the cars drive under us.

I got to see a coal mine on both sides of the road. I got to see the US Celluar Field where the White Sox play. I got to experience lots of traffic. I got to experience love, joy, patience, and kindness.

Everything that has happened with Kinsley is tough! I often finding myself crying more then laughing. Today it was like all the sadness, doubt, and anger has left. I laughed until I couldn't laughed any more. I enjoyed myself so much! I didn't realize how much this trip would bring up my spirits. I feel like I can conquer the world.

I got some sewing done for a very special someone. I didn't get my shoes made last night. Something came up. I feel like tomorrow I am ready to start taking over this house, my sewing, and much more. I will make sure I get pictures soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment