Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Breath of Fresh Air

I have been breathing a breath of fresh air around here. I have been very interestingly peaceful. I know my Lord and Savior has it all under control. I finally stoped focusing on all that is wrong with Butterfly Girl and just started deeply loving her. Loving her for her abilities and her disabilites. I have fallen deeper in love with her. I feel like the worst parent in the world to say that I haven't had this connection with her from day one. Don't get me wrong I have ALWAYS loved my baby girl, but the moment I let go of what was wrong and just started loving. Ahh, its perfect. She's perfect! I wont lie though thearpy is overwhelming, appointments are overwhelming, and thoughts of the future as well. Although I get overwhelmed at times I am breathing a breath of fresh air knowing that I need not carry this burden alone.

I have been breathing a breath air over some restored relationships. Relationships that were once there and then gone. Relationships that have come back and I realize what I have missed in life while they were gone. Its funny when your not really sure what caused the wedge to begin with. I have had the most amazing weekend. The most amazing day. Today made me smile to no end. I had great conversation. I enjoyed watching Bunny Girl connect in the most precious ways with my friends husband. He is publishing her a book that he allowed her to write on his computer. Yeah she thinks she is pretty great stuff! And if you know my oldest for her to connect with any male figure is hard. She has had the roughest life and has always feared men. She has always been more stand offish when it comes to males. She snuggled up on his lap tonight and "helped" do his homework. It was priceless.

We are swimming with ideas over here for a project we are working on. Not anything we can share yet as no details are finalized, but we are excited. We feel like we are being called by the Lord in the direction that we are heading.

My buisness, Creations by Mommy, has been doing lots of craft shows throughout our local bracket. We have been having loads of fun. We have been selling quite a few items. It is nice to know that people appreciate hand made goods. It is great to see people supporting their local economy and helping a work at home mom.

Life is swell. Life is amazing. Life is happening because we serve a mighty God! He has carried us through one of the darkest moments in our lives and we are finally coming out of that darkness. We are seeing the light and the blessings Butterfly Girl's diagnosis is having on our family.

Please continue to pray for us. Although we are doing swimmingly well the devil is always ready to attack. He is always ready to bring us down. Please pray that I find the time to do both physical thearpy and vision therapy with Butterfly Girl. Please pray that our appointments with the neruolgist and the Gerber clinic will come quickly and that they will go well. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for sharing in this journey with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment