Saturday, May 26, 2012

Haiti and Babies

Two things have been heavily on my mind today. Haiti and babies. Now I am not sure that the two are connected or not. I mean I am sure there are plenty of babies in Haiti, but that is not how I am seeing the two.

You see Haiti has been on the hearts of my family since the earthquake. Then we had a couple who are missionaries in Haiti come to our church. That is when our daughter fell in love. My husband and I were even more captivated by this country then we were when we walked into church that day. We had talked and prayed for Haiti often. We had discussed taking a trip to Haiti. We told ourselves if the opportunity arose we would jump on it. One of us would go. Well then it happened. There was a church mission trip that was happening from our mother church (we go to a church plant). They wanted to know if anyone from our church wanted to go. We both did, but it just isn't that easy. First of all the money was a factor. Then we had three kids that we would need to find child care for. Could they be away from their mom AND dad that long? We prayed about it. Then we made a deal with God. If He gave Kelly a big enough bonus to cover the trips for both of us to go we would go. Little did we know that he would give us double what we needed to cover our trip. It was amazing. Childcare was easy to line up and soon we were off on an adventure like we have never been on before. While we were their we rejoiced with the people who have found aid and happiness after the quake. We also shed tears for those still in turmoil and for the poverty we saw there. It was such a culture shock. It was hot, but the Lord blessed us every day. The kids at the school we were helping rebuild were beyond cute! They were amazing. I think about Haiti often. How I wish to go back. How I wish maybe some day we can adopt from there. I often think of ways I can bless someone in Haiti. Haiti has been coming up again in a lot of ways. Radio, Facebook, and thoughts. I am not sure what God is trying to tell me with the constant reminders, but I am more then willing to wait for him to reveal the whole plan.

Babies. You see I wanted a LARGE family. I wanted lots of children. My body on the other hand choose to not work. It works for growing these sweet bundles of joy, but the after part is what almost killed me. Butterfly girl is the same age now as Monkey girl was back then when we found out we were expecting her. I long to hold a small squishy baby. We made the right choices by not having any more of our own. One day we will hold another squishy we can call ours even though it may not be blood related. We would love to give a sweet baby some snuggles and even a home if it needs one. Maybe one day a little love bug will come home from Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment