Thursday, November 1, 2012

Be Thankful November

As many bloggers, facebookers, and more I will be doing thankful posts each day of November. I think it is so important that we remember all the reasons we have to be thankful. I also like getting the perspective of my children. Each one of them enjoys the simple things of life that I often take for granted now that I have become an adult. We have so many things to be thankful for. Each day I would like to take one or two things that I am thankful for and share them with you. I will also be sharing the thoughts of my children.

November 1, 2012. I am so very thankful for heat. It is starting to get cold here in Michigan and a house that provides heat is something I am so incredibly thankful for. I know that there are many less privileged and are cold tonight. I am also so thankful for each one of the family members that sleep under the same roof as myself. Each one has so many gifts and abilities that make this family work so well.

Each of my children also had something to share. From being thankful for daddy, to being thankful for mommy. It was our oldest that had the most interesting thing to be thankful for. She was thankful for paper. Paper, I thought, how interesting. I then asked her to explain. She told me that without paper she wouldn't be able to draw pictures, she wouldn't be able to write notes, and she wouldn't be able to tell people she loved them if they lived far away. She explained to my how paper was so important in the world because it is how we communicate. That's right, my 6 year old told me we communicate with paper. I was so proud! I was in shock when she said it. She is so smart. She also realized that without paper we would not be able to read books. She told me how she loved learning to read and without the paper in her books she would not be able to do that. I love this. I love that she has such a great insight to life. I love how she thought of something outside of the normal family, friends, my house answers. How often do we take paper for granted. In a world of technology we forget how important paper can be in the form of communication. We forget that some of the greatest books ever written were printed on paper. How often do we just grab a piece of paper and just scratch a note. I know that I take paper for granted. I just write. I don't think about what I am writing on. It was such a refreshing answer. A great reminder. I to am thankful for paper. I love being able to write the kids a little note telling them how much I love them. I am heading to do that right now. I wont be home when they wake up in the morning because I need to go do some work. I will put a note by each of their breakfast chairs. Tell them how much I love them and care about them. Thank you sweet Princess Girl for the new perspective on life and what to be thankful for!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment