Saturday, January 28, 2012

The big day

Friday's are normally my day to sleep in, but today was the big day! Kinsley was scheduled to get her glasses at 9:30am. My van was still in the shop being fixed so I had a wonderful lady from our church pick the kids and I up. Have I mentioned how wonderful the support we have is? Just before this lady came to get me I got a call from the eye doctor. Kinsley's glasses were not in yet. They were due to arrive today, but they wouldn't have them ready before our scheduled time. As much as I didn't want this day to happened I was disappointed. I wanted to get the initial shock and pain of seeing my baby girl in glasses over. I wanted to be able to move on with our new accessory. I never in a million years thought glasses would bring on so many emotions. Once we we got to town I dropped the kids off with my mom and went out with this lady to McDonalds. It was a time for fellowship. A time to be able to talk to another adult. Boy do I forget I need these times. Being a stay at home mom I sometimes get so wrapped up in my kids I forget that I need some mommy time. It was so amazing how much better a felt after an hour if talking. The focus wasn't on Kinsley either. I was asked about my other children and this was huge! Dealing with Kinsleys vision issues I have been caught up. I have been so focused on doing research and looking for the best ways to help her I sometimes forget that there are 3 other kids that need their time to shine. From the bottom of my heart I am so grateful for the time to talk. It helped take my mind off the event of the day. On my way home from this get together the eye doctor called. Kinsley's glasses did come in the shipment they received this morning and wanted me to bring her in at 1:45pm. This was really happening. She was going to get her glasses. I spent some time at my brothers loving on my nephews and talking to my mom. Then it was time to get ready to leave. I got nervous. My knees were shaking, my stomach churning. Why was I feeling this way! I was getting fusterared with myself. They are just glasses for goodness sake! Thats the thing though. To me they aren't just glasses. They are my daughters future. They are the tool that tells us if she can see of if she can't. They are a blessing or a curse. To me they are my hope. They are the answer to my prayer if they work. The are also the pathway to even more questions and sorrow. Once at the eye doctor I cried. It was all becoming so real so fast. They called Kinsley's name. Here goes nothing I thought to myself. Here I stood in front of the counter. Kinsley still in her carseat the nice lady took her glasses out of the case. There they were. Time to face my fears. Those tiny purple glasses were almost to my hands. I didn't want to touch them, but knew I had to. The lady made sure the lenses were clean and then handed them to me, "here" she said, "put them on here so that we know they fit." They were in my hands! Ah, get them out I wanted to scream. This isn't real. My baby doesn't really need them! Sure enough, they were there. I slowly put them on her tiny head. She didn't like them. They were fitting funny because she was still in her carseat. I took her out of the carseat and got them on her face the way they were supposed to. She looked so cute. The purple was the perfect color for her complexion. Her daddy (and yes I said daddy) did a wonderful job picking out the color. I cried a little more Everyone was waiting to see her. My mom, Kinsley's favorite cousin, and her siblings were all waiting at my brothers to see her. People wanted me to send them pictures. It was great to have support. I needed the support. To know I have people surrounding our family in love to get us through these times. Tonight has been rough time. Although I knew I was only kidding myself I was hoping to see instant improvement. I wants the results of the glasses to happen the second I out them in her face. I think as humans we want everything done as soon as possible. I cried. I really wanted to see results tonight. I really wanted to see that the glasses were the tool she needed to see me today. Now I am praying they just work. I am praying that the Lord will make the glasses help her vision in his time. I am reminding myself that God does all things in his time. He is teaching me lessons through this journey. I will continue to cling to my faith in him. Tonight I am going to bed in peace. Peace in the fact that God is carrying my family through the uncertainty that the glasses will work. Uncertainty on wether or not she can see. Please continue to pray for our family. Pray for peace. Pray also for understanding. Understanding for why this is all happening to us. Pray Kinsley adjusts to the glasses. Please also pray that if we get any stares or rude comments that will handle them in a Christ like manner. Dany

1 comment:

  1. Dany, beautifully written. I know you've heard many times to put it in God's hands. The truth is that God does know what he is doing, after all, he gave you sweet Kinsley because He knew you would be the best possible mommy that she would need in her life. You are a strong christian, a good mommy and always remember that God is sitting on your shoulder guiding you along the way. Remember that if there is a reason for Kinsley having eye problems, it that she will see through God's eyes as He is guiding her.

    ReplyDelete