Monday, January 30, 2012

Attitude and Lots of it

Attitude. Good, bad or otherwise attitude is everything. Everything today has reminded me about attitude. Today has made attitude the center of my prayers and my day. Lord do I have the right attitude? What kind of attitude should I have? Am I passing down an attitude to my children that I would like them to have? It's all about attitude. We have four girls in this house. That's a lot of attitude! Our oldest can have a big one at times. What five and and a half year old doesn't. Lately though I have noticed a change her attitude is right in line with mine. If I'm being grumpy and short tempered so is she, if I am giving my kids an attitude she is dishing one right back at me. Where I see her not so sweet attitude the most is in the morning. She hates getting up early for school. She hates having to get ready by a certain time. This is always where things get bad. This is where we butt heads, especially of I have woken up late or grumpy. I have changed my morning attitude. I have made getting ready a fun game. We race. We race to see if she can get dressed faster then I can get one of her sisters dressed. We see who can eat the fastest. We see if she can beat the timer to get shoes on. This has made our mornings fun! I changed my attitude and she changed her's. W have had five school mornings in a row with no bad attitudes! Praise the Lord. Then we have the attitude f our almost two year old! She has a BIG attitude! She is two going on twenty. She wants to do everything by her self. She says "no talk to me". And she can throw one heck of a fit. She is all attitude. She isn't fighter. She is a go getter. I think her type of attitude is nescessary at some points. I also think its important that we, as parentsm try to curb this negative attitude and develope one that is a wee kinder. The lesson I learned today is two fold. I need to change my attitude about this journey we are on. I need to allow myself to see hope in the glasses. I need to be like my five year old who changes her attitude if mommy does. I need to adopt the attitudes of those around me that have hope for Kinsleys glasses. I need to let myself hope. I know there will be people to pick me up if my hopes are crushed. I need to hope for now so I can wake up each morning and be okay. The other lessoned I learn was I need to be like. My almost two year old. I need to be a fighter, strong willed, independent. I need to be these things for Kinsley. I need to fight for her care, her progress, her well being no matter what the outcome of her vision is. Sometimes I need to say a nice adult version of "no talk to me". It's okay to have both kinds of attitudes at some point through this whole journey. My prayer today is that the Lord will bless me with a posititve attitude when looking at the out come if these glasses. I am asking he provide me with a hope and believe that through him all things are possible. Please join me in prayer. I know that if I have the right attitude so will the rest of my family. I am on my knees Lord. Give us hope, given us positive attitude, and give us your grace! Danyelle

No comments:

Post a Comment