Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sight or No Sight? That is the question.

As I sit and stare into the eyes of my baby I can't help but wonder. Does she see me? Will she ever see me? Will she ever be able to see the waves crashing on the beach in the heat of the summer? Will she ever be able to see the snow dancing down from their place in the sky? She doesn't track movement. I try hard every day to get her to track. Every day I stare deep into her eyes hoping she will make eye contact back. Why does this have to be so hard? As we move farther away from the day of her appointment and closer to glasses day things have been up and down. The Lord has blessed me with a baby girl. Perfect in his eyes. Entrusted to Kelly and I to raise. I still question his reasoning. I still mourn the possibility of lost vision. Does this make me a bad Christian? Of course not. It makes me human! I trust he will lead us down the right path. I know he will give us the support we need. My God is a God of miricales and love! Today I am mourning the fact she may not see me ever, but I'm also rejoicing. She is cooing! She laughs. And boy, oh boy, does she smile when she hears her mommy and daddy! Those a moments to rejoice over. We are moving closer to glasses day! 3 more sleeps my older kids would say. (if mommy could get sleep). Friday is the big day. Please pray that the glasses help. Pray that we won't get negative comments or stares about her glasses. Pray that if we do get the negative stuff we respond in a Christ like way. Thank you for your support and encouragement along this journey. Dany

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that she is cooing! That's great. Who cares about negative comments from people. Although Kyler, Kelly and parker might have something to say to those who poke fun. Love that baby girl eye sight or not!

    ReplyDelete