Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Laughter, warm hearts, and the dreaded nerves

With a title such as this I feel like I should be writing a comic book. Something along the lines if the dreaded nerves were on the rise today. Hoping to take momma bear down, but laughter and her side kick warm heart moved in to save the day! So as you can see I am not a comic book writer. I will, however, tell you about all three things. My mornings here have been surprisingly peaceful. I have had the time to enjoy my kids getting ready in the morning. This morning was a blessing. As my oldest was getting ready for school she said "Mommy, Mrs Sherrie loves me just like she loves the boy and girl at her house that are her kids. And mommy, the warms my heart.". Oh child, you just warmed mommy's heart to. How sweet of her to say that. For those of you who don't k ow Mrs. Sherrie she is one of the sweetest, most generous teachers ever. She is a special education teacher who truly loves her job and her students. This is our daughters third year with this teacher. mrs. Sherrie is amazing. So ther it is warm heart. Now on to laughter. My brother and his wife will ask why I didn't tell my nephew not to do the following and to that I will only responde because I'm his aunt. Picture this: My daughters bed is pretty tall with an even taller headboard. The headboard has shelves upon which you can set things or stand on. Now picture these super cute four year olds standing way up in the headboard. The twinkle in their eye, the smile on their faces, the belly laughs as they know what they are doing is probably not okay. The. Came the jump. They both jumped onto the mattress of the bed and laughed hysterically. I could not tell them now. I laughed so hard. It was so cute to see them jumping off this high place. Their goal was to knock down the clothes I was trying to fold and put away. They accomplished their goal with might roars of laughter. It was just what I needed. My son and nephew provided me with the best possible therapy today. They allowed me to laugh at something silly. They allowed me to enjoy being a kid. I also got to enjoy candy land and play dough! My nephew loves his cousin Kinsley. And that might be an under statement. He adrores her. If he is around everyone else can forget holding her. In that sweet voice of his and a smile on his face he said "Aunt Dany, I love Kinsley's glasses I want to keep her." once again my heart melted. Laughter and a warm heart did a great job at keeping away the nerves for most if the day. Why am I nervous? Well I am nervous because Early On is coming to the house tomorrow. They will be eveulating Kinsley in speech, physical development, and development. It's only nerve wrecking because it makes it seem more real that she has needs that I can not meet for her in my own. I don't want to be told I am parenting her the wrong way or that I should be doing more. Early On coming out also brings feelings of joy. I will get advice, resources, and help. I have never raised a baby with limited to no sight and need all the advice from professionals that I can get. If you get a chance say an extra prayer for us tomorrow. That I won't be nervous. That I take everything that is presented before me tomorrow in a positive way. Pray for Kelly as he will be at work and not able to attend. Help us to make the right choices based on the advice of the professionals coming to work with us. Danyelle

No comments:

Post a Comment