Monday, April 2, 2012

Life Is Different

This picture is worth more then a thousand words. It shows that no sight needs to be had in order for a daughter to feel the love of her daddy.


My daughter is blind. Life is different. The words we say when we talk are different. We choose our words more carefully. Even our other children are catching on. We say things like Kinsley can feel this, or listen to this movie. Those words are not words we would normally say. It is hard. It is something that shakes my ground daily still. It is a constant reminder that our life has been turned upside down.

I am so grateful for friends and family that support us. There are many hard days still. As if it isn't enough to raise 4 kids, work from home, clean house, cook, and have time for yourself, you are now raising a child that has a life altering disability. A friend of mine put it nicely when I posted this picture on a Facebook page I am a part of She said, 

"She(Kinsley) may experience the world in a different way, but she won't experience it any less. ♥"

I need to remind myself of this often. I need to write it down some where. It is so true. My baby girl WILL experience the world. She WILL do it in a different way, but there is no way she will experience it any less.

We will give her all the tools she needs, all the experiences she needs to experience this world to it's fullest. She will thrive, she will succeed, she will over come all adversity. My precious baby with her daddy. Priceless. There are no other words, you can look at the picture and just sense the love coming from both of them. He doesn't need to say a word, just stand there and let her feel his face and she knows. She knows its her daddy. She knows his love.

Our life is different, some days I wish it wasn't, but we will take every day as a blessing.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! the picture, your story, and you're daughter! i can't imagine how hard it must be to know your daughter can't see, but i am at least familiar with the situation! My father and my step mom are blind raising 4 children! when i see the two of them, their blindness is the last thing to cross my mind! they live and LEAD a beautiful life! I KNOW KINSLEY WILL ALSO! Good luck to her and her family! She is lucky to have all the support you ( and her family) are giving her! and you're right, she will not experience life any less, but more than a lot of people in this world!

    ReplyDelete