Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Doing my Best.

Every day I strive to do my best. I try to be the best mom, the best wife, the best seamstress, the best everything. I try to make sure my house is spotless, my children are fed the best and most healthy, I try to make sure my husband feels like the best man in the world. This is not possible. I simply can not be the best at everything. I have the right to not be the best at everything right? Today I lost my cool when someone that doesn't know the stress I'm under or the burdens I carry tried to tell me how to fix my problem. I am doing my best. I have four children under the age of six that like to test the waters. They like to change things up. For the past few days the hours between four and eight at night are horrible. It is that time of day that the kids know they are supposed to be picking up, the time of day where I start moving us from daytime mode to dinner and bedtime mode. Ey have been testing the waters, seeing if I really will make them pick up. Seeing what I will do if they don't. It's not a fun thing. Not Bly do my almost six year old and my four year old know better, the defiant terrible twos have kicked in full swing and it's not pretty. This time of day is when Kinsley is also her most fussy. She needs a nap, but won't sleep. She doesn't really want to eat, but tries. All while I need to change modes for our family and gt homwework and dinner done. I so welcome the advice of people that actually care about my family. I love the advice that comes from the heart. Unfrountently this wasn't what I felt I was getting. I not only need to advocate for my daughter, I also need to stick up for myself. I did that. I did it as tastefully as possible. I was angry and sad. I still am, but am slowly coming down. I am off to get some work done. I have less then two weeks to get the girls' Easter dresses done. They are going to bed awesome! I will make sure to post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment