Monday, March 26, 2012

Truth is Hard

Today we had another visit to the eye doctor. Its sad to say that these appointments do not get any easier. The truth we have to endure is hard. It takes a toll emotionally. It pulls at our heart strings. It makes us cry.

Once again today we were told our baby was blind. There has been no change in her vision in the past four weeks. There probably will never be a change in her vision for as long as she lives. This is hard. It hurts. Each time we are reminded that she can not see, especially during this early time, is a slap in the face. Its a constant reminder that our baby girl was not born the way that we had hoped and prayed she would be born.

The truth is not only hard for us as her parents, but hard for others. Its hard for our family to accept the way that she is. Its hard for friends to know how to support us. It is hard for people in our church to know what the appropriate words are to say to us. The truth is hard! The truth quite frankly sucks. It is by far one of the hardest things I have had to deal with. I wish it wasn't so.

I ask all of you, whether you know us personally or are reading our blog from afar. Please, Please, Please think before you speak. Think about how we or others around you who may be going through something similar are feeling before you speak. Please understand that some of the comments that you may make might hurt. They might be that slap in the face that we have been feeling so often lately. So many people just are not sure how to be sensitive to our process of grieve. The truth is hard and more then anything in the world we want our baby girl to see, but its just not going to happen right now. God could still provide us with a miracle. He can restore out baby with sight any time he wants. This is my prayer all the time. Right now his answer is no and that's okay. He is carrying our family through this time.

I am going to continue to lean on God during this time. I am going to keep telling God how I feel. I'm going to let him wrap his arms around me and say "It's okay child, I have got you." I am going to let him be my shoulder to cry on.

Please continue to pray for us. This is a long hard journey where the truth of the situation still hurts. It still cuts a deep pain in our hearts. It still brings tears to my eyes. Please pray that we will continue to make it through this journey. Please pray that the next steps we need to take will go smoothly. We have therapy appointments, MRI, and more coming up. Please just join us in praying over Kinsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment