Friday, February 17, 2012

HOPE came in the form of Blessings

Today has been a rough day emotionally. I've cried for the majority of the day. Feeling isolated and alone. No o e knows what I am going through. I show people the strong, take charge, non emotional side of me. I smile and at God will bring us through this. I believe he will. He will bring us out on top for his glory. It doesn't change though that I am human and that I feel sad. No one I know is blind. I have no one to share this experience with on a personal level. No one I know is raising a child with no vision. Who am I supposed to get support and advice from? Who am I supposed to turn to when a new challenge arises? It's been a rough day. Kinsley didn't sleep well the previous night and the older kids were up at 6:30am fighting. Everyone started the day in a bad mood. It was only going to get worse. I couldn't wait till nap time. Kinsley screamed a blood curdling scream unless I was holding her. She slept no more then twenty minutes at a time. Myla was also more crabby then normal. Tears and lots of them happened today. Just when I thought the day couldn't get any worse or better for that matter I went to get the mail. The little girls were sleeping. The big kids were playing nice. It was time for me to get some fresh air, walk to the end of the driveway, and get the mail. In the mail I found two little blessings. I never would have guessed these things were coming in the mail. God knew though. He knew that today was the day that I would need those words of hope and encouragement. The first one I opened was a card from Kelly's aunt and uncle. It gave me a message of hope. It said that God holds our lives in his hands like a precious stone, polishing it with challenges, choices, and changes. And in time we become shining reflections of HIS purpose, HIS promise, and HIS love. This is HOPE! This is what we will strive for. Even in our grief we want to be a reflection of God's purpose, promise, and love. I have put this card by my lamp next to my bed. These words will be my hope. God is just doing a work in our lives so that his Kingdom can shine. We may be kicking and screaming right now, but we will end up on the other side. It will be okay. Our other piece of hope came in the mail today also. This piece of hope was in an amazon box. I had to think about if I had ordered something or not. No I didn't think I did. If I had I didn't remember. Slowly I open the box seeing if I could jog my memory. I swear I didn't buy anything. Inside the box is a book and a note. The note stated that this person and church was thinking of my family and praying for us as e travel this road. The book was perfect. It is called Parenting Childre with Disablities: A Survival Guide for Fathers and Mothers. I've read the first 2 chapters already and love it. I'm not alone. Other parents have experienced similar feelings when hearing their child has a disability. I am super excited to get to the chapter on how to make our marriage survive when have a special needs child. Kelly and I aren't having trouble, but making sure we are sticking together as one now will keep it that way. Our vacation coming up will help us renew our identity away from the kids and as a couple. This gift showed me people care about me and my family. People are praying for us. People are sharing words of hope to our family. For all of these people I am thankful. Please continue to pray for us. Pray that we can stay positive. Pray that we continue to make our family strong despite this set back. Pray that we stay strong in our faith and let the Lord carry us through. Oh and a funny. Kinsley was screaming in her swing (not funny part) and I needed to quick vacuum. So I let her fuss. Once I turned the vacuum on she stopped and was smiling away. The minute I turned off the vacuum she started again. So I did an exleriment. Sure enough she loves the vacuum. She thinks it's funny. Thank you for your continued support, grace, and love. Danyelle

No comments:

Post a Comment