Friday, February 17, 2012

When it Rains it Pours

Today has been a rough day. I woke up ten minutes late, rushed our oldest to school and went to the chiropractor. This wasn't overly tough. We were still due to be home at a decent time and I could start my busy day. I had a long list of things to do. Then the day took a turn for the worst. My can started over heating. Here I was stranded on the side if the road with three kids in the car. My 22 month didn't want to be sitting still. My four month old screaming because she was hungry. I called my husband at work. He to,d me to hang tight and he would be there soon with help to get us all home. Him and my mother in law arrived about 30 minutes later. The whole time I have crying children I am also stressing about my list of things not getting done due to this bump in the road. This was a glitch in my plan. I don't like glitches. Once home my mother in law asked if she can come inside and help. I couldn't refuse. This would get me back on track. She started with the one house duty I hate most, DISHES. I almost cried. To see all the dishes done was a huge weight left off my shoulders. While we clean the house my husband talks to the insurance company that we have free towing through. Sure enough we can get my car towed one for free. This is awesome! My day is starting to look better. It isn't turn around. My mother in law stayed with the kids while I went back to my van to meet the tow truck. It felt awesome! I am so thankful for her kindness. She sat and talked to me a while about Kinsley's diagnosis and she asked about different things she could do. I was excited to know that help is right down the road. She also talked about making Kinsley a blanket with different texture materials, which is awesome! I'm blessed to have them so close because they also brought me eggs because I was out. I was able to nap when the kids napped which is awesome! When nap time was done I felt so much better. I finished doing some things around the house and started supper. French toast was delicious. I turned off the griddle and pushed it to the back of the counter. Unfourtentatly it wasn't far back enough. My very nosy and curious twenty two month old climbed a stool and grabbed the griddle. Se wanted more french toast. Not badly burned, her finger tips are only a little red. No blisters. I out some burn cream and a bandage on. Her daddy looked at them when he got home and said he thinks they will be fine. There are no blisters or open skin. They are just a little red. It was nice her agreed that it wasn't bad. It felt however like my day couldn't get any worse. My van, blindness, burned fingers! Why me. Then I remembered the picture I wish I would have gotten on camera this morning. Loading the kids into the van I looked at one of our smaller trees along out drive way. Because of the warmer weather we had rain and we drops every where. This tree had perfectly formed water droplets. Not heavy enough to fall and still perfect. Its an image I still can't get out of my head. It was amazing. I just prayed right the and there that God would give me see sort of answer as to why this tree stood out to me today. I see it every day. Why is it so special today. My head first went to sadness. My baby will never see the beauty that tree gave me. She will never see those perfect water droplets. Then I realized I wasn't listening to the Lord's answer for showing me this tree. I was trying to answer the question myself. After listening to my father in heaven I got these answers. "Dany my daughter you saw beauty. You saw perfect despite the pain your heart is feeling. You feel like that water drop waiting to fall. I am the branch you are clung to. Santan is gravity trying to bring you down. Please don't let go of me daughter." I also felt like God was telling me that I can see Kinsley as that water droplet. She is perfect. She int "dirty" from mud or anything on the ground. She can't see what the evil of the world looks like. She can believe in her father God and cling to him because she doesn't have the world pushing her in other directions. The Lord is so kind to show these things that mental imagine wil be wit ,e for a long time to come. It was the perfect picture, I am still sad I didn't get it on camera. Please continue to pray. My days are still up and down about how I feel with the doctor telling me she is blind. Please pray for her. T hat the Lord heal heal her eyes if it is is will. Pray for Kelly and I as we continue t navigate through all these tests and therapies.

No comments:

Post a Comment