Monday, February 6, 2012

Rough Weekend (take 2)

I'm going to play catch up from the weekend. The iPad was in being fixed and therefore I had no way to update the blog. It was a rough weekend. A roller coaster ride of emotions. Kelly is working on a top secret project that we can't tell about yet because the details aren't final. We are excited about this top secret porject though. It will be great! Once the final details are in place I will make sure to spill the beans. Friday we took the iPad to be fixed (Kelly pushed it off the counter and the screen cracked). After dropping it off we went into the mall. It was overwhelming. All of the states and comments were unbelievable. There were some comments about her being cute and some smiles which were recieved with kindness. It was hard to hear the negative comments. Leaving the mall we had a few other arrends to run. Then we headed home. Saturday was about to be a busy day. The morning started with Kelly heading to family friends of ours to work on buisness paperwork. He owns his own buisness and needed to change some paperwork. After doing that he came home. We got all of the kids ready to go. We were heading to the camper and RV show in Grand Rapids. The kids were so excited. They can't wait for it to be summer. They were on the quest to find the perfect camper for our trips. We stopped for lunch before we headed out. I mentally prepared myself during the ride that we would receive comments and stares. I didn't prepare myself enough. They were out of control. Not more then five feet in the building and they started. Amount the comments were people thinking they were fake, not believing we could know she needed glasses this young, and more. People pointed and stared. It was hard. It was emotional. My poor baby will have to endure this her whole life. While as an older child and adult she might not get the comments and stares, until then it will be hard. By the end of our camper looking experience I was ready to go home. I was already super excited t be getting my iPad back. So we headed towards the repair shop. I walked in, told them I was there to get my iPad and proceeded to get out a check. Then my already emotional and exhausted day got worse. The man behind the counter informed me that they do not accept checks. What? No checks? How was I going to get my iPad back. He then told me they would be open again on Monday if I would like to come back with cash or a credit card. I was mad. I was sad. I cried on the way home. Not just because of the iPad, but because the whoe day had exhausted me. Once home I collapsed in my bed at 7pm. I was depressed. I have been depressed. I didn't move from my bed. Kelly got the kids bathed, fed, and in bed. I laid with Kinsley in bed. I didn't get out. I didn't want to move. I stayed in bed only waking to nurse the baby. Sunday started with me not getting out of bed til 9:45am. Kelly was held responsible for getting the kids up and ready. Once up I threw on some clothes and we went to church. Church is a safe place for us. We are surrounded by support and love. It is also a place that yesterday caused some emotions I wasnt expecting. I've come to hate the question "ow are you?" Right now that is such a loaded question and if you don't want the loaded answer then you should not be asking. I also felt the need to explain my faith. People shared the the Lord can heal Kinsley. I completely agree with that statement. I know with all my heart that the Lord can give my sweet baby girl her vision back. I also want to be prepared for him not healing her and the possibility of her being blind for her whole life. I do not think this makes me a bad person. Some say I just don't have enough faith. After church I was ready to come home and once again collapse. Collapse I did. Kinsley and I sat on the couch and snuggled, both falling asleep. Once we woke up we needed to head over to the inlaws for a super bowl party. Here is was confronted with yet more fusteration and emotion. Here I was faced with people once again saying look, she can see. It's hard when others do not want to accept what is becoming our truth. The party was done and we headed home. We put the children in bed and I got to work. The house needed much attention and I had been slacking. Monday morning brought some excitement. I was going to get my iPad back and going to see my nephews! This morning we headed to my bothers house. I dropped the kids off and was able to pick up a friend. This dear friend is vital in my life right. She is a support that I wouldn't know what to do without. She listens to my many emotions. She watches my kids. She is just all around an amazing friend. With all I am going through right now she is probably a better friend to me then I am to her. She doesn't seem to care a whole lot. She just continues to support me. On our drive to pick up the iPad I was able to share with her our experience at the camper show, tell her how I feel about the question "how are you?" and much more. The whole time she just listened. She offered words of encouragement and offered continued prayers. Back at my brothers I was able to enjoy some time with my nephews. They are so stinkin cute. Then it was off to Chuck E. Cheese for some pizza and fun! The kids enjoyed it and it was a nice break for myself. I also talked to the eye doctor on Monday. They said we should have seen some sort of improvement within the first week. Since we are not seeing any they would like us to come in for a recheck. We will do that a week from today. We will then schedule an MRI. Please continue to be in prayer for our family during this time of uncertainty. Please pray for healing in Kinsley if it is the Lord's will. Your support and prayers are being felt. Please continue. Danyelle

No comments:

Post a Comment