Sunday, February 12, 2012

Angels Over Me.

It was a cold yet beautiful day here today. The sun was shining brightly. Sunday's T our house always start off the same. I get up bright and early to get all four kids up and ready for church. Kelly gets ready and does his thing. Off we go. Today we didn't have our normal pastor preaching. We had a seminary student preach. I wasn't sure what to expect. I am a creature of routine and if that gets messed with I'm not a happy camper. In the after math of it all am I glad that I listened to this man preach. Our message today was about being in community with one another. About taking the time to care for and do life with others. Sounds good right? We are missing something though. More times then not we rush and rush and don't take the time to actually do these thing. This is how Kelly and I have been feeling. We feel like some days we are walking this road alone. Some says we are succluded from the real world because the real world doesn't know how to handle the pain and suffering we are experiencing. This pastor in training brought up something that I have struggled with all week. As a nation we often stop to say "how is it going" to someone without wanting or having the time to listen to the answer. We invite a person to open up and quickly shut them down by looking for the next person to talk to or not really listening. I feel this way lately. I get angry when people ask me how I'm doing because I know they dint really want the truth. The would be satisfied with a fine, or even great. The truth is not that. We are struggling down a path we never thought we would have to travel. If you want to ask me how I'm doing then lets talk about the truth. I can't hide behind a "fine" or "great" forever. And not only did I feel like this message was telling others about how I felt deep inside but it was also reminding me that if I don't have time to hear what's on someone's heart I need to not ask how it's going. A simple "It's nice to see you" will do just fine. This message touched my heart in more ways then one. I felt like the Lord was saying Danyelle I hear you. I know this is what your experiencing. It brought tears to my eyes. The Lord was doing a work in my heart today. I believe I heard this message today because tomorrow we go back to the eye doctor. Tomorrow will determine our fate. Tomorrow will be the decision on wether or not my sweet baby girl can see. Many tears have been shed today. It's truly an emotional process. But I feel oddly at peace thanks to this message. I know I have a community of supporters lifting us up in prayer. I will be heading to bed peacefully tonight. Knowing the Lord holds me in his arms. Knowing that no matter what the doctor says tomorrow Kinsley is mine. More importantly Kinsley belongs to the Lord and he is holding her tight. Tears will continue to be shed and that's okay. They are tears of comfort knowing I won't be alone. Please pray for us at 9:15am that is when we will be in the doctors office. Please pray for peace and comfort as we walk this road.

1 comment:

  1. Many times we walk in a shadow. Not really wanting to tear off the facade that hides our deepest pains, hopes or desires. When people say "How are you?" They are only looking for a "fine" or "great" and a reciprocal "how are you?" Dare we actually try to be real with each other though. What would it look like if we did indeed become real with one another? What if we sought out others to help us carry the load? What if others willingly helped carry our load? Isn't that what we are called to do as Christians?

    I am glad I was able to deliver peace on your situation. Please know when I ask you "how are you?" I really want to know. We are praying and I am enlisting several others to pray as well on your behalf. You are loved and cared for. Let me know if there is anything else we can do to help out.

    ReplyDelete