Saturday, March 17, 2012

Long and busy day.

I had the perfect start to our long busy day this morning. I slept in! It was so nice to not get out of bed before 8am. It was delightful and much needed. We had a jam packed day, but it was fun.we started our morning by attending the FIRST Robotics competion right near our house. My husband mentors for the Robotics team of the high school we both attended. He was on this exact team in high school. He loves doing it and now we are a Robotics family. All of our kids enjoy going to watch the robots compete. Our kids have even started asking when they can work to build the robot. After we were done there we came home to get ready for a very important event happening at our house tomorrow. We are celebrating my Monkey Girl's 2nd birthday! To pay tribute to the monkey that she is we are having a monkey party. We will be eating banana shaped Jello, bananas dipped in chocolate and covered in sprinkles, and monkey face cupcakes! And because the weather here in Michigan is so fabulous we are having the party outdoors! We will be grilling hamburgers and hot dogs. I can't believe she will be two. She certainly tried acting twenty. I am dreading her teen years. She is my strong willed, independent, go getter of a child. Her dad and I love her with all of our heart and she is truly a blessing to our family. She keeps me on my toes and will probably turned my hair gray before I turn thirty. Life would not be the same without her. She is a blessing to those she meets.

No comments:

Post a Comment