Thursday, April 26, 2012

Love

I have felt all the love in the world today. Love for me, for my family, for our situation. On my way home from a bible study we do on Thursday nights I cried. I cried not because I was sad, but because I felt so loved.

My family loves me. I have no doubt of this. They are there for me, my husband, and my kids. They will always be there for us. They will love us through Kinsley's disabilities. They will love us when life gets tough, when life is messy. Of this there is no doubt. I have an excellent Mother, father, brother and sisters. I have a fabulous sister in law and great nephews. My in laws are just as wonderful. I get random emails from my sister in law that are often devotions I need to hear for the day. I have a brother that just loves on my children in the most gentle ways. They way he held onto Kinsley tonight just showed how much he loves and cares for her. The time he take to talk to each one of our kids. My mother never leaves me. Shes always there for me to talk to. She knows from experience the hardships it takes to raise a child with special needs. My dad is amazing also. The way his face shines when he hears our oldest call him "ganpa" or our Son ask him "whats in your truck?" is priceless. One of my sisters has handicaps and she just loves being an aunt. My other sister now lives 20 hours away and although we have never always gotten along I know the love she has for me, our family, and for her niece. She will always put our disagreements on life out of the way if it means supporting her family. My in-laws are wonderful. At first I felt as though I wasn't welcome into their family. I felt like I was the  last person they wanted their son to be with because I had two children already. In the past year they have done nothing, but make our family feel so loved. My mother in law helps feed my sewing addiction by going to the fabric stores with me. She comes over to help sew and we can talk about whatever. My father in law is always helping with the kids and loves being a grandpa. I am so blessed to have all of this family surrounding us during this journey.

Family is not the only way I have felt loved lately. I have been making some good connections with friends. I don't have many friends. Seeing as I stay at home with my kids I don't go out to do a lot. I don't make a lot of friends. Also if I make friends they might want to get close to our family. They might feel the pain of this journey we are on with Kinsley's vision. This scares me and therefore I stay away from making to many friends. I have reconnected with a friend, who I for a while felt so distant from. Things had happened between this friend and I. I though things would never feel good enough to be friends again. Well guess what? Tonight proved to me that she truly cares about our family. She truly loves us even though we are going through a difficult time. I can say that I felt loved. At bible study she even walked me through a different perspective of life that I didn't think about before. She spoke truth in my life. It wasn't just her that made me feel loved though. My whole bible study group did. They listened, the shared, the prayed for us. It was amazing. I left bible study feeling at peace. Happy even that I do truly have friends where I felt like I didn't really fit in. Most of all I am glad that I have a friend back. I cried. I cried all the way. Today was a great day! I am going to bed feeling blessed beyond measure.

Kinsley had a therapy appointment this morning. She is very limber. She has no resistance on the left side of her body. Her right side is weak also, but not to the extent of the left. We need to be doing some therapy 6 times a day for 20 minutes each time. Hopefully this will allow her to get her strength up so she can start sitting and reaching other milestones that need to be reached. Thank you for your continued prayer. Please pray that we find out the results of her MRI tomorrow. I really don't want to have to wait the whole weekend to find out on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment