Monday, February 11, 2013

Resting in God

So, Its been a while since I have posted again. Its been hard finding time to blog with Kinsley being sick. Not more then a week after getting out of the hospital she was back to feeling crummy. It started Tuesday with a runny nose and she was pulling at her ear. I knew something was wrong. She wanted to be held constantly and was just plan crabby. Took her into the doctor and my mommy instinct was right. We were put on another antibiotic.

By Wednesday her eyes were all green and drippy. She had pink eye. I called the doctor and they said that because she was already on the antibiotic it would be okay.

Friday morning we were set to go in to the doctors for a Well Child visit. That morning she had woken up no breathing very well. I decided to give her a pulmicort and an abuterol. I didn't worry so much since I knew we would be seeing the doctor. Her nose was still runny and she was still crabby. Once the doctor checked her out it was confirmed that she had an upper respiratory infection. We were to continue the abuterol treatments every 4 hours and to start the pulmicort twice a day instead of once. Then we changed from one antibiotic to another and started orapred. Not exactly what I was expecting. I just want my sweet baby to be healthy. She's been through so much. We were also advised by the doctor to keep away from germs if at all possible. These means we pretty much feel like we need to live in a bubble. It is so hard.

So while getting up every 4 hours leaves me tired. While holding, snuggling, and listening to a crying, miserable baby leaves me exhausted I am finding comfort. I am finding peace. I am resting in God. Resting in his word. Resting in the fact that I can share this burden with fellow believers. I am resting in that peace. I am so grateful for that.

Please pray. Pray for healing, Pray for sleep, Pray for us to finish the winter healthy.

God Bless,

Dany

No comments:

Post a Comment