Thursday, January 3, 2013

One Year

I can not believe we are coming up on one year of starting this blog. Those first days were truly the blackest days of my whole life! I didn't know what I had done, why we had to go through this, I didn't even know if my baby would be okay.

I still have hard days. Yesterday, for instance, I had reached to give Butterfly Girl a chicken nugget. Even with her glasses on she couldn't see it and she wouldn't open her hand until I touched the nugget to her hand. Once it was in her hand she looked around blankly and didn't try to eat it. I had to talk to her. Say "Come on, eat it. Its okay, it's yummy". She finally decided that she could try to eat it. Of course then she wanted more! Moments like this is still make me sad. It throws back in my face that there are times my baby can't see. There are times my baby is to afraid to eat because she can't see what I want her to put in her mouth. Isn't that sad?

The sadness is usually quickly surpassed. I am far to busy around this house to sit and wallow. I would like to some days, but then again what good would that do?

Last night as I gave Butterfly Girl her asthma treatment (she has pneumonia) my older ones gathered round. The patted her head, talked to her in sweet voices, rubbed her legs, and PRAYED for her. It was then, with tears in my eyes I once again realized that Butterfly Girl would never suffer. She has so many people watching over her, caring for her, loving her! And I would like to brag that I think I have pretty fantastic kids! They love and care about each other so much. They fight like siblings do, but they know when its time to put disagreements behind them and LOVE! I'm proud of them!

We had the morning off from school and instead we had a campsite, a Hawaiian vacation, and a Princess Play all in the same living room. They were playing so well together, not interrupting each others spaces. It was fun to have the conversations they were having with themselves about each of the things they were doing. I loved every minute. I even visited each place and was able to PLAY with each of them.

Be blessed,

Dany

No comments:

Post a Comment