Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, New Me, New Blog!

Happy New Year everyone. It's the time of year that everyone reflects on the past. It is the time of year in which people make new resolutions. It is the time of year for NEW! It is that time of year for me again also.

2012 was the hardest year my family has quite possibly ever gone through. We had found out our perfect new baby was blind. We found out that her life would always be stunted by this lack of vision. She also seemed endlessly sick that winter. Doctors after doctors, appointment followed by appointments, we sat afraid and alone. My husband and I didn't know what exactly we were going to do. We didn't know exactly how we were going to hang on. We hit some bumpy roads, we had our fights, we had our times of sorrow, we cried, we held on, and we prayed!

Along with that we had amounting medical bills from all the tests that sent us into financial crisis for a few months. It was stressful trying to figure out how to pay medical bills, how to pay our mortgage, and keep food on the table. It was hard! We kept the faith we were both founded in when we were children. We kept praying.

In 2012 the Lord also called us to take in a fourteen year old girl who needed some extra guidance. Although sometimes things were rough we could not have been more blessed! She is growing and so are we.

Kelly also started getting really busy with his own business. He does recycling and trash removal. He has been getting 1-2 jobs a week if not more. On top of working full time this gets busy. Makes him out of the house more then he is in it. When he is home he usually spends a little time with the kids and I and then heads to bed so he can start of the next day.

Throughout everything we held fast the words of the Lord. He would never leave or forsake us. That doesn't mean we wont be going through trails. That doesn't mean that life won't be hard. We hung on. We hung on to that very truth. God was going to carry us through this year, he was going to make sure we came out better on the other side. Every time we called on him and listened for his response we have been blessed greatly!

I have hopes and dreams for 2013. First and Foremost I am hoping the Lord blesses this year for us. I hope that we will be able to do great things for him as a family, but also as individuals. Here are a few of my personal goals.

1. Get to know Jesus better. I have been a Christian for a long time. This year I want to go deeper. I want to be more intimate with my God.

2. Take more pictures! Of the kids, of my husband, of myself, and of our experiences. I am bad at taking pictures and I want to change that.

3. Make the blog more vibrant and colorful. I also want to update more often. I also am going to work on making some tabs at the top for tips, tutorials, and more! Excited to share more of my work with all of you.

4. Get our home school routine more organized. We are doing well with our home school routine, but it could use some adjusting.

5. Turn of the screens in the house before at bedtime so their is no temptation to sit and play games or surf the web till all hours of the night.

I am excited for a new year. I am excited for a new me. I am excited for a new blog look. We are doing so many things this year that I can not wait to share with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment