Monday, November 26, 2012

Negativity BE GONE!

We are a home schooling family. We are around each other 24 hours a day 7 days a week with little breaks from each other. I would not change this for the world! I love every day. However, if negativity bites one person it spreads faster then the flu at our house! It goes from one to the next and until our house no longer looks like the Kingdom of the Lord.

Despite the thanksgiving season, negativity had reared its ugly head. The long days of festivities, non-normal sleeping arrangements caused by a sleep over so mommy and daddy could go Black Friday shopping, and being out of routine for so long had taken its toll. My children were out of control and so was I. It was ugly. Very, very ugly.

This morning I decided to visit this ugly, devil given aroma in our house during my devotions. The Lord certainly couldn't be happy with our attitudes. As parents my husband and I decided that we would handle this negative attitude on our own forgetting to lean on the Lord. Forgetting that with out Christ we certainly wouldn't be able to survive this round of the devil. We were in the fighting ring getting badly bruised and bloody. Everyone in our family was losing. While I was spending some time in prayer asking the Lord what needed to change I was convicted. A hard conviction at that.

It was me. I was bitten by the negative bug. It was my heart that needed changing. It was me that needed to refocus. It's been a tough year for us. Butterfly girl's diagnosis, possible job loss for my husband, our well breaking, a fridge needing replacing, and so much more. It's been hard to stay joyful through it all. I finally fell to the negativity bug. The negativity blinded me to the so many things I have to be joyful for and I lost. I was at the bottom. I was infecting my kids. I was causing their bad attitudes. I wasn't allowing them to see the joy in every day life because I had lost sight.

I took my Jesus pill this morning. He is the only medicine that will help me rid this evil negativity disease. He is my joy! He is the reason I get up in the morning. He is perfect. He is unwavering. He is all knowing. I need to remember to take my Jesus pill every morning, every hour sometimes, every minute sometimes. I am seeing a whole new light this evening.

And to mention the fact that my husband's job is safe is even more wonderful! The Lord provided and I feel extremely foolish for worrying.

Be His,
Dany

No comments:

Post a Comment