Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lessons being Learned

My heart is being transformed. My heart is changing. I was not content with my spiritual life nor the spiritual life of my children. I have always been a Christian. I would always read my bible and pray. My heart longed for more. My heart wanted to go deeper than I have ever gone before. I want my children to go deeper then just the bible stories and memorizing verses. I want them to live the words of the Lord.

Saturday I was unhappy, I wasn't content. I found myself wanting, lusting after the things of this world that I couldn't have. I found myself trying to figure out on my own how to get the things I didn't have. I wasn't using my faith. I wasn't leaning on Christ. I started praying. I felt God's peace. He was telling me it was okay. We have everything that we need in this moment. He said that he will provide when we need it. We don't need anything more right now. He has a plan a for us. I need to trust. Sunday the sermon reaffirmed this. It was amazing to keep that lesson going.

Monday was a very rough day. We had some behavior issues that we rearing their ugly head. There was a lot of back talking. There was a lot of anger. From the children and then myself. As I laid in bed Monday night I cried. I had been quick to anger instead of quick to listen. I had let my children see that if they pushed hard enough I would crack. I opened my bible and started to look for a lesson, a verse, something that would make me feel better. This is what I found.

"Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourselves firmly to him. This is the key to your life. If you love and obey the Lord, you will live long." Deuteronomy 30:19-20 NLT

Each day we have a choice. Each day we can choose life or death. Not just in the physical aspect, but  spiritually. Our spiritual life needs to have life. God wants us to choose him. God wants us to choose Life, the blessings and life he can provide us. As much as this was a verse for me, it was also was for my children. Everyone in my house needed to hear that we have a choice. Every day we can choose to OBEY the Lord are days that will be blessed. My children needed to see that every day they choose to obey the Lord, including obeying Mommy and being kind to each other, means they will receive blessings. For them blessings may come in getting candy, getting a movie, or just something that makes them happy. I needed to hear that if I obey the Lord by being slow to anger then our house will have blessings also.

We will be studying this verse of the next few weeks. Talking about it as a family. Working through what it really means. Figuring out how to apply it to our everyday lives. I am so excited to dig in deeper with the kids, for myself. This verse was the strength I needed. It was the message that needed to be heard. God gave it to me at just the right time. Hopefully, just maybe, you will find comfort, wisdom, or hope in this verse also.

Be blesses

Dany

No comments:

Post a Comment