Monday, June 18, 2012

MIA

I have been a tad MIA the past week. I am trying to figure out this new life we have called summer. I am in a bit over my head with all the endeavours my husband and I have felt called to be a part of. We also have added another member to the family for the summer. A daughter of a friends has come to help me out for the summer. It's been wonderful having her here. We are all just trying to figure out how to run our summer. Not to mention I am still laid up with my knee. I mean I can use the crutches, but its not as easy. Oh, and my husband got injured at work. It was pretty scary.

We have a set schedule. We have certain times to do certain things. We have an art day, two outdoor days where I plan structured activities for the kiddlets, and a baking day. We also go to town (we live a little ways away) once a week. My problem is trying to figure out how to go about fitting in household chores, the office work for three businesses, blogging, children, husband, sewing, working for our not for profit, and everything else I do. I want this summer to be about making memories with our kids. I want this summer to be about balance. I am however struggling to find this said balance.

On top of all this I am having anxiety about tomorrows appointment. Butterfly Girl goes for a second opinion on her vision tomorrow. This is not because we do not trust the eye doctor we see now, but I feel its always better to get a second opinion. Especially when we are talking about the lack of vision in one of my children. I just want to make sure that there is nothing that can be done about this. Maybe another doctor has another idea. I would never be able to live with myself if I didn't get a second opinion. I just want what is best for my baby.

Today is one of those days that I am having a hard time with her blindness. Today was a bad day. Today she only saw for about thirty minutes all day. This pains me so much. It hurts my heart to know all she is missing out on. It pains me that her lack of vision is putting her so far behind other babies her age as far as development goes.

I need to remind myself that the Lord has a plan for us. The Lord has set us upon this journey for a reason. I need to hold comfort in him. I need to hold comfort in my faith. I need to know that I am not forgotten. Butterfly Girl has a great path set for her. If we just continue to follow the Lord's calling we will be blessed. We have been blessed.

Pray with  me as we go for this second opinion tomorrow. Pray for my peace and comfort as my husband can not go. He has a meeting. Pray that nothing new will come up.  



No comments:

Post a Comment